We’re compiling a list of local(ish) places that families might enjoy visiting. We’d welcome further suggestions if you have anywhere that you’d recommend.
- Brodsworth Hall and Gardens – Run by English Heritage – there is a charge to enter the gardens and hall. English Heritage offer free educational visits, ring the property before you go and ask if they can book you in as an educational visit. You may even be able to do this on the day, it sometimes depends on the property and member of staff.
- Cusworth Hall and Gardens – free
- Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery – free
- Lakeside – a man-made lake, a pleasant walk and watching the various waterbirds – free
- Magna Science Adventure Centre (Rotherham) – there is a charge for entry
- Potteric Carr Nature Reserve – run by Yorkshire Wildlife Trust – there is a charge for entry
- Sandall Beat Wood – The Visitors Centre has a selection of info and there are public toilets available Monday – Saturday (check opening times) – free
- Yorkshire Wildlife Park – there is a charge for entry